Contact: Jean Walcher / Ashley Shafer, J. Walcher Communications
619-295-7140, firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
SAN DIEGO – July 1, 2013 – The 27th Annual La Jolla Festival of the Arts™ has named its eight Best of Show artists from this year’s event. For the past 27 years each June, the fine arts festival has brought the West’s most established and emerging artists to coastal San Diego, with proceeds benefitting San Diegans with disabilities. Nearly 200 artists showcased a vast array of mediums and techniques during the Festival, June 22 to 23, at UC San Diego’s Warren Field.
The recipients of the categories are:
• Ceramics: Michael Weinberg – Page Springs, Ariz.
• Fiber/Textiles: Sue Britt – San Diego
• Glass: Sherry Salito-Forsen – San Clemente (second time winner!)
• Jewelry: Susan Ronan – Coronado
• Mixed Media: Elizabeth Dunlop – Mesa, Ariz.
• Painting: Erin Hanson – Burbank
• Photography: Youngbok Park – Oakland
• Sculpture: Dan McCabe – Prescott, Ariz.
About La Jolla Festival of the Arts
The La Jolla Festival of the Arts is a fine arts festival held annually since 1987 and currently showcases nearly 200 of the West's finest artists. LJFA is produced by the Torrey Pines Kiwanis Club, a 501(c)(3) organization that raises funds to support adaptive sports and recreation programs for San Diegans with disabilities. LJFA is partially funded by the City of San Diego Commission for Arts and Culture.
For more information about the La Jolla Festival of the Arts and about next year’s show, visit http://www.ljfa.org.